Employment law encompasses a broad range of claims arising out of the relationship between employers and workers. Reuben Raucher & Blum brings extensive experience to the table in all kinds of employment matters, including discrimination, workplace harassment, wage and hour, disability accommodation, wrongful termination, restrictive covenants, and severance agreements. With proper guidance, many such claims can be resolved before they reach the litigation stage.
The firm has represented workers and employers large and small in all stages of employment litigation, including mediation and arbitration. In addition to defending employers against accusations of wrongful employment practices, the firm has also represented companies seeking to protect their trade secrets from misappropriation by departing personnel. The firm has also assisted in the negotiation of severance agreements involving executives and professionals.
- Obtained six figure arbitration award for physician client on contract and wage and hour claims, including statutory penalties and attorney’s fees.
- Successfully mediated an employee’s disability and race discrimination claims on behalf of employer client pre-litigation, settling for less than the client’s self-insured retention.
- Assisted property management company in the settlement of wage and hour class action claims.
- Advised employer clients how to handle various personnel issues so as to mitigate risk and avoid lawsuits.
- Obtained preliminary injunction on behalf of corporate client against former employee for misappropriation of trade secrets.